Skip to main content
Menu Menu

Withdrawals and refunds

Before making the important decision to withdraw, take some time to explore your options. We can help you to choose an alternate unit or option that is more suited to your interests.  You can seek further advice in the following ways:

  • Speak with one of our course advisors to assist you with your course options.
  • If the course is not what you expected (some academic components are challenging), or you wish to look at reducing your study load, discuss options with your Head of Programs.
  • If you're finding it difficult to meet financial commitments, contact our Customer Service team.
  • If you're not coping with your studies or require additional support, contact our Student Support Services.

Withdrawals and Refunds Policy (144 KB) (PDF document)

How to withdraw

If you would like to formally withdraw from your course, you must complete and return an Enrolment Adjustment Form (307 KB) (PDF document). Copies of the form are available from any customer service centre. Once completed, forms can be returned via email to or you can hand them into any of our customer service centres.

Once you withdraw from all of your units, your student account will be closed within 24 to 48 hours, preventing access to Office 365. We recommend saving your files before withdrawal. 

Please see below for refund information and/or your enrolment confirmation also outlines our withdrawal and refunds terms and conditions.

To be eligible for Centrelink payments for studying and concessions on public transport, students must be enrolled in a full-time load. Withdrawing from your course or units may impact these entitlements.

If you're an international student, you must be enrolled full time as a condition of your student visa. If there are exceptional circumstances, you may be granted permission to reduce your study load. Please contact the International Centre – do not complete the withdrawal form.

Formal withdrawal is important for students who are enrolled with a Commonwealth VET Student Loan. Students with an approved Commonwealth student loan will incur a liability for the units they have enrolled in if they remain enrolled after the census dates. For more information on census dates and how they relate to withdrawals for VET Student Loans visit the Student Loans process page. If entitled to a refund, the corresponding debt will be remitted on the VET Student Loans. No incidental fees are refunded.

If you withdraw from your course, you must re-apply to study in the future.

Refund policy

  • In order to qualify for a refund, you must formally withdraw from the Unit of Competency or Course on or prior to the census dateThe census dates for each unit are available on your Confirmation of Enrolment which would have been emailed to you at the time of enrolment.  
  • Special circumstances may be considered: these would be instances of severe illness or exceptional circumstances outside student's control that  prevented them from continuing their studies ( evidence of this MUST be provided and a Special Circumstances Form completed ).
  • Students who withdraw from Fee for Service (Commercial) units/course are not entitled to a refund once classes have commenced.
  • For information about refunds see below or view our Withdrawal and Refunds policy  (144 KB) (PDF document)
  • If you have a VET Student Loan, please visit our Student Loans process page.

If you withdraw formally on or before the census date of your unit(s), you're entitled to receive a full refund of the course (tuition) fee for the unit/s and:
• 50% refund of the resource fee if the unit(s) are Certificate I to IV level course; or
• a full refund of the resource fee if the unit(s) are a Diploma or Advanced Diploma level course. 

If entitled to a refund, payments already made will be reimbursed or the corresponding debt will be remitted if on a VET Student Loan. No incidental fees are refunded.


  • If you're unable to present proof of concession at the time of enrolment, you must pay full fees. 
  • You can claim a refund to adjust your tuition fees to the concessional rate if proof of eligibility for concession can be demonstrated on or before the commencement of a unit.
  • If you're on a concession, you'll still be required to pay full resource and discretionary fees.
  • If your concession is valid for the full enrolment period, then all eligible units commenced within that period attract the concession rate.