Get ready to enrol to secure your place!
You can apply for the majority of our courses through TAFE Admissions or via direct application to SM TAFE. If your application is successful you will receive an offer to study with us, then it's time to enrol.
Enrolling is easy! All you have to do is follow the simple steps detailed below to secure your place.
1. Get ready to enrol
Our webform will take about 10 - 15 minutes to complete and will require you to upload the following evidence. If you have applied via TAFE Admissions you will need to have a TAS number to submit this webform; this number can be found on your offer letter.
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency (such as a green Medicare card, Passport or birth certificate)
- Proof of concession (if you are eligible) - this includes any proof of age ID for persons between 15 - 24 years of age
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) number - find out more
- Proof of Western Australian residency (such as your drivers licence or utility bill showing your address).
- Payment preference - Be able to advise us of your preferred method of payment and have completed the payment plan form if applicable.
Please note: these documents are considered highly confidential and will be stored securely against your student record.
If you are having trouble using the 'get ready to enrol' webform you can call us on 1800 001 001.
2. Complete your enrolment
Once we have reviewed your evidence we will send you an email advising that you are ready to enrol. You can then complete your enrolment by making payment.
Please have your credit card ready to pay over the phone for the full amount or for your $100 deposit to activate a payment plan. Alternatively, use our payment authority form, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your enrolment will not be processed if you supply payment information to us but have not followed the other instructions in your offer letter.
Diploma and Advanced Diploma students: For eligible students studying in eligible courses, you may apply for a VET Student Loan. To find out how you can supply your VET Student Loan paperwork without coming to campus, or to find out if the course you wish to study is eligible for a VET Student Loan, visit the Student Loans page.
Payment forms and more information can find more information about our payment options page.
3. Start your studies
Once you have enrolled and paid you will receive an email from us including the following:
- Your Student ID, TAFE student email address and default password
- Links to access the Student Hub where you will be able to access:
- Your timetable
- Your enrolment information and personal details
- Orientation and Welcome Day information
- Links to Blackboard and Microsoft 365
- Services available to you to support your studies
Changing your offer or missed your offer?
Can't enrol by the cut off date but still want to study? Call us on 1800 001 001 and ask to speak to the Customer Service Centre for the course to discuss your options. While its best to get in early to guarantee a spot in your desired course, there may still be places available right through to the first 2 weeks of semester.
Want to change your course preferences? If you haven't received an offer yet you can log in to TAS online(opens in a new tab) up until the application close date to change your preference. If you have received an offer but would like to change to a different course you can request to change your preferences using our change preferences webform.
Don't want to accept your offer? If you change your mind and don't want to enrol in the course you have received an offer for please let us know, this will mean we are able to offer the place to someone else. Decline your offer using our Decline your offer webform.