Opened in 2019, Naval Base campus is a purpose-built facility designed to provide students and apprentices with hands-on experience in a real-life industry setting. This campus houses the delivery of heavy fabrication, marine fabrication, welding and composite apprenticeship training with a large focus on Western Australia’s growing shipbuilding industry.
The workshops at Naval Base campus have been designed specifically with training in mind. The campus features a state-of-the-art fabrication workshop consisting of 45 welding bays which have been constructed and equipped for multi-use, as well as a machine shop, electrical workshop and supporting classrooms.
Students at our Naval Base campus can access SM TAFE’s library services remotely.
Access the Naval Base online library
Access the Engineering and Mining online library
Visit the library website
The library provides:
- A large and diverse resource collection of books, magazines and DVDs, both physical and online
- Assistance with researching for information and answers to reference enquiries
- Information sessions on library and information services, supported with published and online information guides
- Assistance with study, referencing and learning skills
- Networked and wireless computer areas
- Access to electronic information such as internet and databases
There is no cafeteria on campus but a student lunch room provides heating facilities and hot water and an outdoor area provides a place for students to relax. A lunch bar is a short walk away or more substantial options require driving.
Vending machines are available on site for drinks and snacks.
We recommend all visitors to campuses take advantage of our Smart Travel information to ease congestion on and around our campuses.
Naval Base campus has parking available for students surrounding the campus buildings, accessible via Hope Valley Road.
Naval Base campus is accessible via bus stops on Stock Road, a three-minute walk from campus. Visit Transperth's Journey Planner, using Naval Base campus as a landmark to plan your trip.