Starting your application
Once you have searched our course page for an option which fits your career pathway, you’re on your way.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind to get you started before you apply:
- We have two main student intakes each year – Semester 1 and Semester 2. Sometimes courses are also available for start in term 2 and term 4. See our key dates page. You must apply within the intake period to be considered for a place. We also have courses all year round that are available for continuous enrolment.
- Be sure to check if your course is competitive, as you’ll need to bolster your application with supporting documents, ready for ranking against other applicants:
- List all of your education history, including qualifications and any courses you have done
- List all of your work experience, including paid, voluntary and community work - provide any supporting evidence you might have
- Make sure you include all your contact details and that they are correct
- Sometimes after the closing period, we may have limited remaining places in courses. You can express your interest but there are no guarantees. So, to avoid missing out in securing your spot, it’s always best to get your application in early.
- Eligibility requirements are available on each course page. These are set to ensure you have a successful study journey.
- Be prepared with all the required documents for your course so you have everything you need ready to apply. The application button you need to use will be within the preferred study option on the course page.
Contact us if you need any further information or assistance.
Key application dates
|Semester 1, 2024 applications open||
Friday, 1 September 2023
Applications open for courses starting in Semester 1, 2024
|Change of preference / applications close||
Friday, 3 November 2023
You can change your preferences up to the closure dates by logging in via tasonline.tafe.wa.edu.au(opens in a new tab)
Before the round closes, you can:
Note: Change of preference can only be done by using the webform after applications close.
Late applications open:
Saturday, 4 November 2023
Late applications will be received up until late January 2024, unless courses are full.
After you have applied
If you wish to change your mind after applying, change of preferences can only be done by using the webform.
If you would like to see if you have an offer, check your mailbox including junk mail folder, or login again to TAFE Admissions(opens in a new tab) , if that is where you completed your application.
For any other enquiries please contact us.
Note, offers for non-competitive offers will be issued from Monday 4 September onwards and, the competitive course offers will be released in early December 2023 instead of January 2024 for Semester 1 2024 study. If you are currently studying, the following will impact your application:
Secondary school students
Current secondary school students applying for entry into Semester 1 2024 will be assessed based on their Semester 1 results from their current year of study. TAFE Admissions will predict end-of-year outcomes based on these results.
Should the end-of-year results differ significantly from Semester 1 results, the college may suggest alternative options to the student.
Students currently studying a VET qualification
Students currently studying a qualification under the VET for Secondary Students program or at a TAFE college, will be assessed based on an assumption that they will successfully complete their qualification. They may be required to provide their academic record or qualification as proof of completion at the time of enrolment. Should the qualification not be completed, applicants may become ineligible for an offer and we will work with those applicants on alternative options.