Need some career guidance? Not sure what to study or where to start?
Our Jobs and Skills Centres located on the Armadale, Mandurah, Rockingham and Thornlie campuses, offer free professional and practical advice on training and employment opportunities to help you achieve your career goals.
Our Client Engagement Officers can help you match your interests and current skills to future training, jobs and growing industries.
They can even help with applications to TAFE and provide you with training and further education options.
Check out Jobs and Skills WA to find out more information on the services listed below.
TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres offer a range of services, support, information and assistance. They can help if you're looking for:
- information and guidance on your career choices
- information about training and courses
- help to choose the right training course or qualification to suit your personal, work or career goals
- information about different industry areas and occupations
- help with job searching and job matching
- skills and qualification recognition information
- apprenticeship and traineeship assistance
- culturally sensitive employment and career services for Aboriginal people
TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres can provide advice and assistance to support employers and business owners. They can help, if you're looking for:
- recruitment assistance, including for apprentices and trainees
- information on training solutions and services that can be customised to meet enterprise-specific needs
- advertising employment opportunities on our jobs board or our Aboriginal-specific jobs board
- advice and resources to support your workforce planning
- resources and advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
Our Prospective Student Advisors work with schools and community groups to provide assistance with career planning, career pathways and course selection. They also help guide students through TAFE entrance requirements, selection processes and apprenticeships and traineeships.
If you would like to book one of our Prospective Student Advisors to attend a careers expo or to present to your school or community group email JSCSouthEvents@smtafe.wa.edu.au.
Our dedicated defence industry team based at the Rockingham JSC provides specialist services to promote all defence industry occupations and opportunities, engages with employers and universities, and provides transition assistance to veterans to access scholarships and employment in the defence industry. The defence industry team supports individuals with advice on the best options for training, job seeking and career planning to start something with WA's defence industry.
The Fremantle JSC provides for the Enhanced Aboriginal Engagement, Training and Employment Program. The Fremantle JSC supports Aboriginal people into training, sustainable employment and/or further study and is committed to enhanced Aboriginal engagement, training, and employment to increase support to Aboriginal jobseekers. Two hubs have been established in the Metropolitan area with one hub located at Fremantle Campus and the other in Perth city.
Call, book an appointment or drop in.
Visit your local JSC or book an appointment by phoning 13 64 64 or email one of our centres:
Want to view study pathway information?
Our handy pathways guides are available on the study pathways page of our website, or ask for them at a Jobs and Skills Centre near you!
Jobs and Skills WA(opens in a new tab) also has a website with valuable resources for career advice, training opportunities, jobs board, Aboriginal services and information for employers.