Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you speak a language at home which isn't English?
When you finish the Certificate III in EAL (Access) you will be able to use English every day with confidence.
You will learn to
- take part in informal conversations
- read and write
- understand and respond to written and spoken information
- understand the news
- use the internet safely
You will be enrolled in the correct level based on your English knowledge.
EAL = English as an Additional Language.
If you like the look of this course but aren't sure if it's right for you, express your interest using the button below. Our Program Manager will contact you to discuss your study goals.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Work placement is a requirement for AMEP Students in this course
This course has a mandatory work placement component that all students must complete. South Metropolitan TAFE will assist students in finding a suitable work placement by working with our industry partners. Please be aware that industries and employers have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic which has meant that some work placements have been cancelled, put on hold or student places significantly reduced. While every effort is being made to work with our industry partners to secure work placements during this unprecedented time, there may be delays in students being placed. As a result of these delays some students may take longer than the expected time to complete their course. Lecturing staff will keep all students up to date, and will inform students if this may affect them and cause a delay in finishing their course.
- Course in Gaining Access to Training and Employment (GATE) (Introductory)
- Certificate I in General Education for Adults
- Certificate II in General Education for Adults
- Certificate II in Leadership
- Certificate III in General Education for Adults
- Certificate I in EAL (Access)
- Certificate I in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate II in EAL (Access)
- Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate III in EAL (Access)
- Certificate III in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study)
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.