Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you speak a language at home which isn't English?
When you finish the Certificate III in EAL (Access) you will be able to use English every day with confidence.
You will learn to
- take part in informal conversations
- read and write
- understand and respond to written and spoken information
- understand the news
- use the internet safely
You will be enrolled in the correct level based on your English knowledge.
EAL = English as an Additional Language.
If you like the look of this course but aren't sure if it's right for you, express your interest using the button below. Our Program Manager will contact you to discuss your study goals.
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 2-4 days per week across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6-12 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and file).
- Course in Gaining Access to Training and Employment (GATE) (Introductory)
- Certificate I in General Education for Adults
- Certificate II in General Education for Adults
- Certificate II in Leadership
- Certificate III in General Education for Adults
- Certificate I in EAL (Access)
- Certificate I in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate II in EAL (Access)
- Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate III in EAL (Access)
- Certificate III in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study)
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.