Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you new to Australia?
When you finish the Certificate III in Spoken and Written English you will have intermediate English skills. You will be ready for employment.
You will learn
- intermediate conversation
- language skills for job interviews
- intermediate writing skills
- intermediate maths
- writing instructions.
You will be enrolled in the correct level based on your English knowledge.
If you like the look of this course but aren't sure if it's right for you, express your interest using the button below and our Program Manager will contact you to talk through your study goals.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 3 days, 2 mornings per week across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
You will need to have the basic technical requirements for at-home study. If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours. Access to Office 365 and Blackboard is preferable.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and file).
- The Certificates in Spoken and Written English assist adults with low level English skills from non-English speaking backgrounds who want to develop the language and literacy skills required to undertake further education and training, seek and maintain employment, and participate in the community
For information about jobs and pathways, please see http://joboutlook.gov.au/
Further study opportunities:
- 10730NAT Certificate IV in Spoken and Written English - Further Studies, State ID BEI03
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.