Technology at home
Minimum technology requirements for online tools including Blackboard
Check that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- You will need a PC or Mac to access our eCampus tools, internet connection and a supported browser(opens in a new tab) such as up-to-date versions of Chrome, Safari. Firefox or Microsoft Edge. iPads and Chrome books are not compatible with Blackboard software.
- For certain Blackboard functions (e.g. participating in a lecture using Collaborate), you may require speakers and a microphone. Your computer may have these built in, or you can use a headset.
- There are mobile apps for Blackboard and Collaborate, however, participating online can be difficult via the app, so we suggest that you use a recommended web browser. You can use a range of hardware (e.g. phone, tablet or computer) as long as the browser requirements are met.
If you don't have access to a computer that meets the minimum requirements, there are computers available for students to use at any of our campus libraries.
Technology on campus
How to access Wi-Fi on campus
As a student, you're welcome to use our campus free Wi-Fi using your own device or take advantage of computers available for use in our libraries during opening hours.
Please take note of our terms and conditions of use for our computer systems and other ICT policies.
To access the free Wi-Fi on campus use the login details below:
- Select the network ‘PWAStudent’ on our eastern corridor campuses
(Armadale, Bentley, Carlisle or Thornlie)
- Or select the network ‘Student’ on our southern-most campuses
(Fremantle, Jandakot, Kwinana, Rockingham, Mandurah, Munster, Murdoch, Naval Base)
- Enter your Student ID
You received this in your first email from us after enrolment. It will start with a 3, M or P and be followed by up to 6 or 7 numbers.
- Enter your default password
Tafeddmmyyyy (your date of birth in full)
Or the password you used to provision your account and now use to access your other student systems.
To get password assistance instructions, visit the managing your password page.