Do you want a career bringing comfort into the home?
When you complete this Certificate II in Split Air-conditioning and Heat Pump Systems you'll be what employers are looking for as a split system installer or air-conditioner installer.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- install split systems and heat pump systems (maximum plant capacity 18kWr)
- understand legal obligations
- assemble components
- pressure and leak test refrigerants and
- workplace health and safety
South Metropolitan TAFE's refrigeration and air conditioning facility is Western Australia's premier centre for refrigeration, air conditioning, and associated studies. The purpose-built facility is among the best in the southern hemisphere.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
SM TAFE actively promotes the employment availability of course graduates to key industry partners and organisations. We also seek expressions of interest from organisations for the placement of our students into work experience. We endeavour to assist students into a career pathway, but please be aware that neither employment nor work experience placement is guaranteed by us.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page.
- Certificate II in Split Air-conditioning and Heat Pump Systems
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Refrigeration/Air Conditioning)
- Certificate IV in Engineering (Skills Set - HVAC Commissioning)
- Diploma of Engineering - Advanced Trade
- Diploma of Engineering - Technical (HVAC)
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering (HVAC)
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.