AMEP offers eligible migrants up to 510 hours of free English language classes to help you settle in Australia.
Classes can be:
- at home.
It may be possible for you to combine different study options.
Please contact us using the form below to find out if you are eligible for AMEP. If you are eligible, AMEP staff will help you enrol and give you more information about how you can study AMEP.
We need your full name, date of birth and visa details to get started.
There are six main SM TAFE AMEP centres. Click on the name of the location below to view the campus map:
- Armadale (532 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
- Carlisle (400 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
- Mandurah (1 MB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
- Murdoch (495 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
- Rockingham (5 MB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
- Thornlie (413 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
There is one community-based venue for classes at East Fremantle.
SM TAFE AMEP delivers the nationally accredited certificates in English as an Additional Language (EAL). There are different levels, and we will assess your English level to see where you should start.
English level - complete beginner:
Course in English as an Additional Language (Course in EAL - 22483VIC)
English level - beginner:
Certificate I in English as an Additional Language (Access) (Certificate I in EAL (Access)- 22484VIC)
English level - beginner, next step:
English level - intermediate:
Certificate III in English as an Additional Language (Access) (Certificate III in EAL (Access)- 22486VIC)
SM TAFE AMEP can help with:
- registration and enrolment
- full-time and part-time classes
- Saturday classes at Carlisle and Thornlie campuses
- access to home tutor scheme
- free career and study advice
- free childcare for eligible clients
- onsite créche at most campuses
- referrals to distance learning and e-learning
- free document translation service*
*For more information about the free translating service, including full eligibility criteria and list of eligible documents, visit www.dss.gov.au
SM TAFE’s home tutor scheme offers the rewarding opportunity for volunteers to help migrants learn English. People who volunteer for the program are offered free training by experienced teachers.
If you’re interested in helping to change lives, contact us using the form below to find out more.