Get ready for a start in the workforce
You will develop soft skills needed by employers to manage your own needs and work effectively with others. This introductory course also helps you begin working with technology and manage your own infection control, both skills that are sought by employers.
This course is ideal for school leavers and those who are starting out on their career path.
Gain these skills:
- Taking care of health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Personal development
- Basic computer use
- Use infection control procedures to ensure the safety of customers
Tuition and resource fees
Eligible students study this course absolutely free. If you are not eligible you can expect to pay $108.40.
Help using our online application
You will need to have the evidence requirements(opens in a new tab) and relevant documents ready to upload with your application. When ready to apply, use our guide to self service application using Student Portal.
Attendance in class
This is an online course across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research. For students undertaking the course online, you will need to complete approximately 25 hours of study at home per week.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and file).
Job ready skill sets are 100% free for the following eligible students:
- People aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Secondary school-aged people who are not enrolled at school
- People receiving the JobSeeker or JobKeeper payment
- People and dependents of people receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- People and dependents of people holding:
- pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Dependents of people who are inmates of a custodial institution