Full Electrical Contractors Course
To be eligible you must hold a current electrical workers licence, restricted licence is not acceptable.
The full electrical contractors course includes both nominee and business components.
- Nominee component includes five days face to face
- Business component includes online learning plus one day of assessment maximum six months to complete
Business and Nominee contractors courses can be completed separately.
To make a booking or any general enquiries please use the web form on this page.
This Electrical Licensing Board-approved course provides theoretical and practical training and is designed to enhance participants’ existing skill sets. The program will not only build upon your current electrical trade studies, it will also improve and refresh your knowledge of:
• statutory requirements (Electrical Contractors Nominees/In-house Licence)
• legislation and process (Electrical Contractors Nominees/In-house Licence)
• inspection and testing of electrical installation work (Electrical Contractors Nominees/In-house Licence)
• business task management and monitoring business operations (Electrical Contractors Licence)*
* Please note: If you are not working within an electrical contracting company, a person other than an electrical contractor may hold the business aspect of the licence. In this case, the electrical work will only be completed, under that aspect of the licence, by an electrician employed by that company and nominated by that same employer as the Nominees/In-house Licence holder.
Electrical Contractors Licence course consists of four mandatory units.
- S0060P EA103A Operation (Electrical) Legislative Requirements
- S0056P WAE100 Electrical Requirements
- S0058P EA102 Establishing a Contracting Business
- S0059P EA103B General Legislative Requirements
Electrical Contractors Nominees / In-house Licence course consists of two mandatory units.
- S0060P EA103A - Operation (Electrical) Legislative Requirements
- S0056P WAE100 - Electrical Requirements
Electrical Contractors Business Licence course consists of two mandatory units.
- S0058P EA102 - Establishing a Contracting Business
- S0059P EA103B - General Legislative Requirements
Course materials required
Students are required to obtain the following materials prior to course commencement.
From South Metropolitan TAFE:
AS/NZS 3000 and all amendments
From State Law Publisher
ph 6552 6000
8.30am to 4.30pm
Electrical (Licencing) Regulations 1991 and all amendments
Electricity Regulations 1947
WA Electrical Requirements. This can be downloaded directly from http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/publications/wa-electrical-requirements-waer or call Energy Safety on 6251 2000, Level 1, 303 Sevenoaks Street Cannington WA 6107
Standards Australia are subject to change without notice and all students should check for the latest version and amendments at purchase.
Next dates for delivery
- Starts February | Five day course
- New courses start in February, March, April and May