Complete the full Electrical Contractors Course
The full electrical contractors course includes both nominee and business components, the Electrical Contractors Nominees / In-house Licence course and the Electrical Contractors Business Licence course.
This Electrical Licensing Board-approved course provides theoretical and practical training and is designed to enhance participants’ existing skill sets. The program will not only build upon your current electrical trade studies, it will also improve and refresh your knowledge of:
- statutory requirements (Electrical Contractors Nominees/In-house Licence)
- legislation and process (Electrical Contractors Nominees/In-house Licence)
- inspection and testing of electrical installation work (Electrical Contractors Nominees/In-house Licence)
- business task management and monitoring business operations (Electrical Contractors Licence)*
The Electrical Contractors Nominees / In-house Licence course consists of one mandatory unit. This unit is delivered via face to face learning with a post - delivery design assignment to be satisfactorily completed before a certificate is issued.
- 09123P Electrical Contractor Nominees WAE200 (this course page)
The Electrical Contractors Business Licence course consists of two mandatory units. These units are delivered by the colleges e-Learning Blackboard platform with the student attending the college after all online work is completed for face to face assessment.
The Nominee/In-house license units are delivered on campus across 5 full days on the dates listed in the study options section below. Prospective participants can enrol anytime in the business units in the courses above and have one year to complete the units.
To be eligible you must hold a current electrical workers licence, restricted licence is not acceptable.
* Please note: If you are not working within an electrical contracting company, a person other than an electrical contractor may hold the business aspect of the licence. In this case, the electrical work will only be completed, under that aspect of the licence, by an electrician employed by that company and nominated by that same employer as the Nominees/In-house Licence holder.
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 5 days for 1 week from 8.00am - 4.30pm.
Work placement is not a requirement of this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and USB).
Uniform and workwear requirements
- Steel cap boots
Select your preferred campus and apply
Click on your preferred campus and study mode below to get started with your application.
All year round
Thornlie - On Campus - March, April or May
|When||All year round|
Indicative fees and charges
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for all units in the course for students enrolling on a full-time basis. If you're a student that has successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in to complete this course. Please view the full list of fee disclaimers.