Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Do you want to take control of your future?
When you finish the Certificate III in General Education for Adults you will have a better chance at getting into your dream career.
You will learn about
- planning goals and carrying out projects
- advanced reading, writing and understanding of a variety of documents
- managing your money
- maths and problem solving
You will be enrolled in the right level based on your ability.
The Certificate III in General Education for Adults is approximately equivalent to Year 11 for the purposes of applying for a TAFE course and will meet the entry requirements for most Certificate II, III, IV or Diploma level TAFE courses.
A version of this course is available at Murdoch Campus (Classroom based only, no Online available) with a health focus that will assist to meet the entry requirements of Health related courses such as:
- 52831WA Certificate IV in Preparation for Health and Nursing Studies, State ID BCY91
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing, State ID AYZ3 *
* The Diploma of Nursing has additional entry requirements to meet, successful completion does not grant automatic access to the Diploma of Nursing. Refer to the Diploma of Nursing for details.
If you like the look of this course but aren't sure if it's right for you, express your interest using the button below and our Program Manager will contact you to talk through your study goals.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 3 days per week across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research. For students doing the online study option, you will need to complete approximately 20 hours of study at home per week.
For online students 15-20 hours will be expected to be completed per week via the online learning management system, Blackboard. Online students are not expected to attend classes on campus, but they are able to book a phone call or communicate through telephone conversations, Teams or email. Students need fundamental skills in navigating an online environment.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and file).
- This qualification aims to improve your academic skills to undertake further training and education and enhance your employment opportunities.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see http://joboutlook.gov.au/
Further study opportunities:
- On completion of Certificate III in General Education for Adults learners can access other vocational education and training courses. Students who successfully complete units and modules imported from other courses / qualifications are able to receive credit towards other qualifications.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.