This course is for people who use pesticides with powered and hand-held application equipment. Gain the skills to apply, transport and store chemicals safely.
This course is for people who use pesticides with powered and hand-held application equipment. You will gain the skills and knowledge to apply, transport and store chemicals safely.
Gain these skills:
- determine the need for chemical use
- identify the appropriate chemical
- prepare for chemical use according to label and MSDS
- identify conditions for safely applying chemicals
- list procedures for cleaning up following chemical application
- record application details
- determine how to transport and handle chemicals
- identify how to store chemicals safely
- record storage details
- read and interpret label and MSDS directions for safe transport, handling and storage
Competency units covered in this course:
- OAL84AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- BAP97 AHCPMG301 Control Weeds
- BAN70 AHCCHM304 Transport and Store Chemicals
You can start anytime in the online study component of this course. Attendance on campus will be arranged with your lecturer after you enrol.
Engage in the latest pest control practices with this highly practical skill set.
Wish to work as pest management technician? If so, you will need to be licensed.
This skillset allows students to complete the “CPPUPM3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides” unit of competency required to apply for a “Western Australia Provisional Pest Management Technician Licence”.
This course is aimed at workers who are currently employed in the Urban Pest Management industry.
Gain these skills:
• applying pesticides to manage a range of non-timber pests such as ants, cockroaches, rodents and spiders
• selecting appropriate equipment, pesticides and application methods to safely and efficiently manage pests
Note: this unit does not cover inspecting for, or managing timber pests, or non-chemical pest management where the environment is modified to manage pests
Next dates for delivery
Semester 2 2022
- 19 July - 22 July
- 19 September - 22 September
- 31 October - 3 November
Obtain the skills to apply for a full pest management license by completing this course aimed at existing workers.
Do you have what it takes to offer the best in urban pest management?
This qualification will provide students with the practical skills and knowledge to apply pesticides and carry out appropriate pest management treatments for domestic and commercial properties.
This course is for existing workers who are currently and actively employed in the Urban Pest Management industry. It will provide you with the skills to apply for a full pest management license*.
Gain these skills
- inspect for, report on and control timber pests
- install termite management systems
- maintain service and repair pest management equipment and maintain equipment and pesticide storage areas in pest management vehicles
- responding to enquiries and complaints
- manage pests without applying pesticides
- assess and advise on pest management options for sensitive operations and Implement and monitor pest management plans for sensitive operations