This course is for people who use pesticides with powered and hand-held application equipment. You will gain the skills and knowledge to apply, transport and store chemicals safely.
- Determine the need for chemical use
- Identify the appropriate chemical
- Prepare for chemical use according to label and MSDS
- Identify conditions for safely applying chemicals
- List procedures for cleaning up following chemical application
- Record application details
- Determine how to transport and handle chemicals
- Identify how to store chemicals safely
- Record storage details
- Read and interpret label and MSDS directions for safe transport, handling and storage
Competency units covered in this course:
- OAL84AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- BAP97 AHCPMG301 Control Weeds
- BAN70 AHCCHM304 Transport and Store Chemicals
Participants will receive the following resources:
- A reference manual
- An assessment guide
Tuition and resource fees:
- General fee $491.75
- Concession fee $218.15
This course is delivered mostly online, with a final practical assessment to be arranged by your lecturer on-campus. Students can expect to attend campus for 3 days and will be required to successfully complete an off-site assessment portfolio before being deemed competent.
Chemical Risk Management Level 3 Skill Set
Parking at Murdoch campus is strictly limited and South Metropolitan TAFE strongly recommends using public transport to access the campus. For more information visit our Smart Travel page. http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Journey-Planner(opens in a new tab)
You will receive a parking permit, this does not guarantee a parking place but it will need to be displayed on the windscreen if parking on campus. If you intend driving I suggest you arrive by 7.30am. It is advisable to use public transport.
Bring a calculator, writing materials and wear enclosed shoes.
Successful completion of this course will give participants qualifications required to apply for a basic weed spraying licence from WA Department of Health.