All students are required to have a USI. You will need it to enrol (or re-enrol) with us.
It's easy.... follow these 6 simple steps
STEP 1: Have at least one form of ID ready: Driver's License, Australian Passport, Medicare Card, Birth Certificate, Visa (with non-Australian Passport), Immigration Card or Citizenship Certificate.
STEP 2: Have your personal contact details ready: Address, email and/or phone number.
STEP 3: Visit usi.gov.au and click on 'Create a USI'.
STEP 4: Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the steps.
STEP 5: Write your unique number down and keep it somewhere handy and safe.
STEP 6: Bring this number with you when you enrol.
For more information call 1800 001 001 or email email@example.com.
Do you wish to apply for credit for past study?
If so, it's a great idea to give us permission to access your USI history. That way we can accelerate the process of checking your units, validating the study that applies to your study plan and giving you credit when you enrol.
Giving us permission is as easy as logging into your USI account and following these steps below:
- Go to www.usi.gov.au(opens in a new tab)
- Select 'Student Login'
- Agree to Terms and Conditions and login
- Select 'Provide your USI'
- Select 'Set up access to your USI Account/ Permissions'
- Search Details by entering the Training Organisation code "52787" or name "South Metropolitan TAFE" in the appropriate field.
- Select 'Search'
- Once you have found South Metropolitan TAFE, select 'Add'
- Select the permission you want to grant to us and the expiry date - 1 year in the future is what we recommend
- Select 'Save'
For a handy download guide visit the USI website(opens in a new tab) .