Mechanical Engineering Design, Modelling and Drafting skill set
Advance your engineering design career
Elevate your career in engineering design with this skill set, providing analytical and practical design expertise. Explore mechanical industry standards and software, mastering tools like Solidworks simulation and CAE and much more.
Take your engineering design capabilities to new heights.
Take your career in engineering design to the next level.
The skill set will offer you the analytical and practical design skills to understand mechanical industry standards and software.
Discover how to use tools like Solidworks simulation and CAE to construct and analyse design and evaluate its performance to Australian standards and codes. Use your designs to develop detailed schedules for workflow management and collaboration across teams or support functional groups.
Workers in industry have options available for flexible study. Explore the mechanical diploma and advanced diploma study pathway options.
- knowledge of engineering-related analysis processes and techniques to investigate, synthesise and develop proposals, evaluate feasibility against criteria such as quality, cost efficiency, safety, and innovation
- to model/prototype to test and then reworked as necessary until an acceptable outcome is achieved in addition to exploring a variety of functions such as collision and interference detection
- simulating various load conditions (static and dynamic) to determine the strength and stiffness of members/assembly by reporting component stress, strain, deformations, shear and torsion
- drafting, scheduling and the production of detail drawings and specifications for mechanical assembly and commissioning
- project manage the complete life cycle of the design process including conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close
Select your preferred campus and apply
No future dates planned
This course is currently undergoing delivery planning and information will be available on our website shortly. Check back later, or use the Get Help form below to have our Client Contact Centre contact you with further information about the next course start, delivery locations and study modes.