Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Acquire the specific accounting techniques that will become the tools of your trade. The Diploma of Accounting will build on your knowledge gained at the Certificate IV level, and will prepare you for accounting positions within larger corporate organisations and growing companies. You will gain a more detailed understanding of day-to-day accounting work through practical training in operational activities.
Completion of the Diploma of Accounting, with passes in prescribed taxation units, satisfies some of the academic requirements for registration as a tax agent with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
Learn how to prepare income tax returns, manage budgets and forecasts, prepare financial reports, implement and maintain internal control procedures, and provide management accounting information.
Completion of the following six units, or their equivalent, which constitute the requirements for the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems;
OR Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent; OR Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.