If you enjoy accounting and mathematics, have an analytical mind and would like to work in the accounting profession, then our Advanced Diploma of Accounting is for you. Accountants support their clients with regular monitoring, analysis, preparation of documents, reports and accounts, and advice.
Our course is developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), in close consultation with and accredited by the Accounting industry’s professional bodies and has an excellent reputation for quality. You will be well on your way to a role as a registered tax agent or assistant accountant – the ideal start to an exciting accountancy career or an alternate pathway to the Bachelor of Accounting for students who have not completed secondary schooling in Australia.
The units in this course meet the educational eligibility requirements for the following two skills sets with the Tax Practitioners Board: • FNSSS00008 Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax documentation) • FNSSS00009 Tax Law for Tax Agents Skill Set (Tax Plans)
Satisfactory completion of the Advanced Diploma of Accounting entitles you to join the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), one of the three peak accounting bodies representing accountants in Australia.
It is a requirement of this course that applicants must have completed training prior to entry to this course:
- Completion of both FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set and FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set
- Completion of FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
- Completion of FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
For the unit FNSACC514 Prepare financial reports for corporate entities, the pre-requisites units are BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports and FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports.
FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set Skill Set required units:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set Skill Set Requirements
- FNSACC511 Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC512 Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSACC513 Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC514* Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC516 Implement and maintain internal control procedures
FNSSS00015 Advanced Accounting Principles Skill Set required units:
- FNSACC517 Provide management accounting information
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.