This course is designed for people learning English as an additional language who want to develop their language skills and become confident communicating in workplace situations.
Gain these skills
- Practise complex conversations and workplace communication
- Present and understand complex presentations on employment topics
- Give and follow a range of complex instructions in a workplace
- Read and write formal letters and other professional documents
- Research and discuss employment issues in Australia
- Learn about inclusive work practices
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Attendance in class
This course is delivered Monday to Friday, 2 full days and 3 half days.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6-12 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
You will need to have the basic technical requirements for at-home study. If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, exercise book, and file).
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.