Are you ready for a beautiful career?
When you complete the Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy you will be looking at a career as a beauty therapist.
Gain these skills:
- facials and specialised facials
- body massage
- lash and brows
- makeup application
- spray tanning
- eye lash extensions
- retail and sales operations
Our product training is lead by industry specialists and we also teach the latest beauty trends.
You will also have the opportunity to apply your skills in our Hair, Beauty & Massage Student Clinics.
Follow the clinics on facebook.
This course can provide a pathway into dermal science and nursing.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
This course is available as a traineeship.
Entrance requirements for traineeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
In a traineeship you also gain hands-on skills and work experience, and improve your employment prospects, while earning a wage. On successful completion you will gain a nationally recognised qualification which can lead to rewarding career options. The difference between a traineeship and an apprenticeship is that a traineeship can be either a full time or part time employment based training arrangement, usually for a nominal duration of 12 months or more, generally in a non-trade related area.
To find out how to arrange a traineeship and study at South Metropolitan TAFE, please contact the Jobs and Skills Centre(opens in a new tab) closest to you.
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 3 days per week when studied full time across one semester.
As well as the in-class component, you maybe required to complete additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (a pen and notepad and equipment from orientation booklet lists). Student will require to supply own equipment/tools below.
• 1 pair of tweezers
• 1 pair of cuticle clippers
• 1 white gown – Velcro/ under arm style
• 1 white head band
• 2 large white bath towels
• 2 white hand towels
• 1 white flat single sheet (not fitted)
• Laptop or electronic device for completing assessments and access to Blackboard at home and in class
(Word Program required or can be accessed for free as a student of TAFE)
• USB (optional but handy)
• 1 display folder for written handouts
• Professional Beauty Therapy – Nordmann/Day – Australia and New Zealand 3rd Edition
Uniforms and workwear requirements:
• Black trousers, leggings or ¾ pants (no shorts, skirts, black jeans or jeans) • Black beauty tunic - Zip front tunic, CATU68 – Black – From Hot Klobber. Note this is the preferred style of tunic but we understand we all come in all shapes and sizes so you are welcome to purchase a different sytle of tunic from Hot Klobber or elsewhere. The tunic must be black.
• Please wear black pants with black shirt or t-shirt with no slogans/pictures/words until your order has arrived
• Closed in shoes of any colour
• Winter- Over tunic- Black cardigan, or long sleeved black shirt under tunic if required (no jumpers/hoodies are to be worn during class times)
• Minimal jewellery
• Hair up in a bun if able to and discreet makeup is required for all classes
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
SM TAFE actively promotes the employment availability of course graduates to key industry partners and organisations. We also seek expressions of interest from organisations for the placement of our students into work experience. We endeavour to assist students into a career pathway, but please be aware that neither employment nor work experience placement is guaranteed by us.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.