Do you have an eye for detail and want your work on show?
When you complete the Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling you will be ready for a certified trade career as a wall and floor tiler.
Gain these skills
- lay tiles for domestic, commercial, and public buildings
- tile curved surfaces and domestic pools
- mosaics and decorative tiling
- interpret plans
- work health and safety requirements
Learn in specialised facilities
Our campuses provide students with a hands-on learning environment that feature industry-standard equipment, advanced technology and specialised workshop areas.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at SM TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Work placement is mandatory for completion of this course. SM TAFE will arrange a suitable work placement within industry for you which will involve your attendance at a workplace.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page.