Our PMA30116 Certificate III in Process Plant Operations is a technical qualification for advanced operators and operations technicians who use production equipment to directly produce product. At this level, operators/ technicians will undertake more advanced operations, typically of integrated plant units in accordance with the operating procedures, and would apply their knowledge to anticipate problems. This qualification is customisable based on your company requirements and is typically used to develop employees performing a process plant operator’s role that includes the running of specific areas of a process plant.
Gain these skills:
- fine chemicals
- heavy chemicals
- hydrocarbon extraction
- hydrocarbon transmission
- hydrocarbon processing/refining
- minerals processing/refining
- metalliferous processing/refining
- metals smelting/processing
There are a number of delivery options to complete this qualification:
- a) Through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) only; this program is suited to existing workers in the chemical, hydrocarbons or refining sectors, or similar industries. Completion will require third party verification and submission of workplace evidence.
- b) Flexible delivery including using open learning, RPL or a combination of both. This program will include workplace assignments and third party verification. Again, this option is suited to existing workers in the chemical, hydrocarbons or refining sectors, or similar industries.
- c) Company Traineeship consisting of specific units of competency chosen by your company. This program will include two weekly, twice a year on-campus (ACEPT Munster) block release with all assignments completed in the workplace. To study as a Trainee, you must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation. Please see the Apprenticeships/Traineeships section for more information.
This qualification is directly aligned with priority industry areas where the jobs are today, and into the future. As part of the state government Lower fees, local skills initiative, from 1 January 2021 through to 31 December 2021 you'll only pay half the course fees (plus resource fee), capped at $1,200; or $400 if you're aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession. Find out more.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Attendance in class
This course is equivalent to 5 days per week when studied full time across 12 weeks.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
Process operations experience of 6 months.
What you need for your first day of class
On your first day you should bring your SM TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, stationery (pen, pencil, exercise book, eraser, ruler and calculator) and wear enclosed footwear.
In addition, the following uniform is required to be worn at all classes:
- PPE/Uniform – steel cap boots (no volleys permitted) , long trousers and long sleeve.
- This qualification is typically used to develop employees performing a process plant operator’s role that includes the running of specific areas of a process plant.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see http://joboutlook.gov.au/
Further study opportunities:
- PMA40116 Certificate IV in Process Plant Technology, State ID BAN0