Learn skills to fix plasterboard sheets to walls and ceilings, fixing battens and mixing plastering compounds. You will also learn how to work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry, plan and organise work, carry out measurements and calculations and apply Work Health and Safety requirements.
Certificate II in Building and Construction (Pathway - Trades) (Wall and Ceiling Lining Pre-apprenticeship)
Gain the skills and knowledge to work in the wall and ceiling industry as an apprentice wall and ceiling liner.
Do you want a trade that others look up to?
When you complete this Certificate II in Building and Construction pre-apprenticeship you'll be what employers are looking for as an apprentice wall and ceiling liner.
Gain these skills
- installing and fixing plasterboard sheets to walls and ceilings
- fixing battens
- mixing plastering compounds
- interpreting plans
- measuring and calculating the right amount of materials for the job
- working with scaffolding safely at heights and
- workplace health and safety
Become a wall and ceiling liner with this half-price trade qualification where your skills will be sought after by this high-demand industry.
Do you want to build a lifetime career that others will look up to?
When you complete the Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining you will be ready for a certified trade career as a wall and ceiling liner.
Gain these skills
- fix plasterboard sheets to walls and ceilings
- mix plastering compounds
- install suspended ceilings
- construct bulkheads
- interpret plans
- apply WHS requirements
Get ready for a safe construction career
Learn the skills to prepare for a career in construction and pick up your White Card along the way.
This skill set will give you an introduction to working in construction, teaching you safety and accuracy in planning for, setting up and beginning a construction project. You will learn to use tools and equipment safely and the rules and procedures for safe work on site, plus you will work on a construction project, ready to add to your portfolio.
This course is ideal as a start to a building and construction pathway, building the basic safety skills for wet trades, plumbing, carpentry and joinery.
Gain these skills:
- Plan and prepare, set up and use levelling device and worksite clean-up
- Identify and assess risks of work tasks, identify hazardous materials and other hazards on work sites, plan and prepare for safe work practices, apply safe work practice and follow emergency procedures
- Plan and prepare tools, equipment, signage and barricades, calculate materials and ready them for use, apply environmental requirements
- Determine component requirements and assembly sequence
- Operate hand tools and use equipment safely
- Quality checking construction outcomes against plans
- Understanding work, health and safety of construction projects, worksites, PPE, communication and first aid procedures, safety symbols
Tuition and resource fees
Eligible students study this course absolutely free. If you are not eligible you can expect to pay $394.33.
Next dates for delivery
Course dates for 2022 will be made available soon.