Take the plunge into leadership
Become a leader in the outdoor recreation industry. This qualification is aimed at employability in the marine tourism and outdoor recreation industry's with employment outcomes such as charter boat crew, snorkel and kayak leaders/guides, camps, expeditions, and adventure tours among many others.
During the course you will undertake the planning, risk management, finalisation and leading of multiple activities, including snorkelling, kayaking, bushwalking and navigation.
This is a fun and exciting qualification that will help you gain the knowledge and skills to take the first steps into an amazing industry.
Gain these skills:
- manage group participation
- operational logistics of tours
- provide quality service
- manage equipment including kayaks and safety gear
- leading activities including kayaking, snorkelling, bushwalking, tour guiding and navigation
- first aid, water rescue and Occupational Health and Safety
- marine and ocean environment information to assist with providing tour guide information
Turn your passion for the outdoors into job possibilities!
Take the first steps towards a career in the outdoor adventure and recreation industries with the Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation.
The Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation will provide you will the skills and knowledge to work at an assistant level within a team working in the outdoor environment.
Learn these skills:
- food preparation (on a vessel)
- first aid
- water rescue
- computer skills
- assisting in the running of outdoor activities
- occupational safety & health
This qualification will also prepare you for the certificate III in Outdoor Recreation.