Cutting edge hair and makeup skills - a perfect marriage!
This advanced makeup and hair course with a focus on bridal hair and makeup is taught by industry leaders in makeup artistry and hair styling in our state-of-the-art facilities at the Murdoch campus. We use only professional products such as MAC, Kryolan, Crown and Dermalogica skincare. Pick up skills quickly with this intensive 6-week short course.
Location: Murdoch Campus
Date: Wednesdays 3 November to 8 December
Time: 6pm – 9pm
At night Murdoch campus has free parking and security is present on the premises.
Want to be a cut above the rest?
Do you want to become a barber? This qualification is delivered on campus one day a week, so it allows you to study while working at a hairdressing salon as an apprentice.
Gain these skills:
- sales, consultation and technical skills
- broad range of barbering services to clients
- using discretion and judgement to provide client services
- taking responsibility for work outcomes
You will be required to participate in our Student Training Salon that is open to the public, with real, paying clients. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a barber in any industry environment, usually a barber-shop or salon.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available for this qualification to qualified hairdressers.
Are you ready for hair stylish career?
When you complete the Certificate III in Hairdressing you will be a cut above the rest as a hairdresser.
Gain these skills:
- cut hair using clippers or scissors
- shampoo, condition and rinse hair
- dry and style hair using brushes, combs, rollers and other equipment
- operate a cash register and computer
- perform reception duties such as answering telephone calls, making appointments, and write up client record cards
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills in our Hair, Beauty & Massage Student Clinics.
Ready for a stylish career?
When you complete the Certificate II In Salon Assistant you'll have skills to impress potential employers as a salon assistant, on your way to becoming a hairdresser.
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills in our student Hair, Beauty & Massage Student Clinics working on real clients.
Gain these skills in our salon:
- maintaining hairdressing tools
- scheduling appointments
- workplace health and safety
Follow the clinics on Facebook.