Cutting edge hair and makeup skills - a perfect marriage!
This advanced makeup and hair course with a focus on bridal hair and makeup is taught by industry leaders in makeup artistry and hair styling in our state-of-the-art facilities at the Murdoch campus. We use only professional products such as MAC, Kryolan, Crown and Dermalogica skincare. Pick up skills quickly with this intensive 6-week short course.
Location: Murdoch Campus
Date: Wednesdays 3 November to 8 December, or 18 May to 21 June
Time: 6pm – 9pm
At night Murdoch campus has free parking and security is present on the premises.
Learn how to become a barber while still working as hairdressing apprentice. This course is offered one day a week at our training salon.
Want to be a cut above the rest?
Do you want to become a barber? This qualification is delivered on campus one day a week, so it allows you to study while working at a hairdressing salon as an apprentice.
Gain these skills:
- sales, consultation and technical skills
- broad range of barbering services to clients
- using discretion and judgement to provide client services
- taking responsibility for work outcomes
You will be required to participate in our Student Training Salon that is open to the public, with real, paying clients. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a barber in any industry environment, usually a barber-shop or salon.
Recognition of Prior Learning is available for this qualification to qualified hairdressers.
This course is all you need to become a qualified hairdresser today.
Are you ready for hair stylish career?
When you complete the Certificate III in Hairdressing you will be a cut above the rest as a hairdresser.
Gain these skills:
- cut hair using clippers or scissors
- shampoo, condition and rinse hair
- dry and style hair using brushes, combs, rollers and other equipment
- operate a cash register and computer
- perform reception duties such as answering telephone calls, making appointments, and write up client record cards
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills in our Hair, Beauty & Massage Student Clinics.
Get the skills to impress potential employers as a salon assistant, on your way to becoming a hairdresser.
Ready for a stylish career?
When you complete the Certificate II In Salon Assistant you'll have skills to impress potential employers as a salon assistant, on your way to becoming a hairdresser.
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills in our student Hair, Beauty & Massage Student Clinics working on real clients.
Gain these skills in our salon:
- maintaining hairdressing tools
- scheduling appointments
- workplace health and safety
Follow the clinics on Facebook.