This skillset is aimed at trainees who are enterprise employees that are new to the industry or enterprise. It meets the industry requirements for core operator skills to work in a meat processing enterprise.
Gain these skills
- Maintain personal equipment
- Apply hygiene and sanitation practices
- Gain an overview in the meat industry
- Follow safe work policies and procedures
- Communicate in the workplace
Attendance in class
This course is four full-time days on campus.
If you are unable to complete the theory during class time, you will need to complete with additional study outside of class hours.
Work placement is not a requirement for this course.
What you need for your first day of class
Remember to bring your South Metropolitan TAFE confirmation enrolment receipt, your student ID, a pen and notepad and dress should be in your usual work uniform with your PPE and your knives.