Enter the world of supply chain management and gain knowledge in logistics.
The supply chain is an integral component of business operations around the world and the efficient flow of goods and services from the supplier to the end customer is critical to the success and reputation of a company.
This course will equip you with the skills to plan and process transport operations, plus ensure safe use of equipment in moving materials and accurate forecasting of storage capacity.
- ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility)
- shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- deliver and monitor a service to customers
- process customer complaints
- purchase goods and services
- secure cargo
- load and unload goods/cargo
- calculate mass, area and quantify dimensions
- administer a fatigue risk management system
- implement and monitor work health and safety procedures
- lead a work team
- identify major roads, services and attractions
- interpret road maps and navigate pre-determined routes
- license to operate a forklift truck
In order to make an informed choice about the suitability of this course, you must take into account the essential skills and knowledge required to undertake this study.
- be reliable and flexible and have a strong work ethic
- be able to work a full day on your feet
- be computer literate
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
What you need
Once you are enrolled your lecturer will contact you and admit you to Catapult, your online learning platform. You will be given instructions on how the course will run and how you communicate with your lecturer.
You will need to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week online using Catapult's resource library. At home study includes private study, assignment preparation, and research.
The nature of online study can involve a significant investment of time and the ability to be a focused, self-motivated learner. You should consider your personal circumstances and past study history before committing to study online. Find out more in our online study info pack below.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page.