Studying laboratory operations can lead you to work in a range of dynamic industries including biomedical, pharmaceuticals, mining, agriculture, petroleum, pathology, environmental, forensics, food, chemical or cosmetic. Whether you choose to focus on biotechnology or medical science, there is an exciting career ahead for graduates.
Launch your career in science with this entry-level course that qualifies you to work as a laboratory assistant.
Are you a budding scientist?
Launch your career in science with this entry-level course that qualifies you to work as a laboratory assistant in food technology, pathology, schools or trades.
Gain these skills:
- collect and prepare samples
- measure and record the results of experiments
- maintain and work in a laboratory in the physical, chemical, biological and life sciences
Build on your certificate III skills with units in quality control, performance of instrumental and non-instrumental tests, and standardisation.
Build on your Certificate III in Laboratory Skills with units in quality control, performance of instrumental and non-instrumental tests, standardisation and use of solutions. This qualification will give you the skills to work as a technical assistant, technician or instrument operator.
Use laboratory application software, plan and conduct field work and provide information to customers.
Learn these skills:
- use laboratory application software
- plan and conduct laboratory/field work
- communicate and provide information to customers
- analyse, process and interpret data
- report results
- apply quality system and continuous improvement processes