We provide international students with support, advice and referrals to help you make the most of your study experience here at SM TAFE. Appointments can be arranged at any campus with our International Student Support Services staff and we encourage you to contact us if you have any personal or academic concerns.
When you have successfully applied to become an international student with us via TAFE International WA, you will be given the venue, date and time for your first day at SM TAFE.
Your first day is an orientation day with presentations by International Student Support Services team members and key partners to assist you in adapting to studying and living in Australia. You'll be offered instructions and assistance for using SM TAFE systems, including your timetable, and will be offered contacts for support while you study.
Support while you study
International Student Support Services staff can answer your questions, liaise with lecturers if necessary and provide support to help you organise your study and settle into the campus you are enrolled at.
Come and talk to us! We offer:
- Advice on courses and pathways
- Advice on applications for continuing enrolment
- Advice on changes of course units and pathways
- Updating of your contact details
- Monitoring your class attendance and progress (if you are at risk of falling behind in your studies, we will work with you and your lecturer through an intervention strategy and provide academic support, if necessary)
- International student health care information
- Referral to professional counselling services
- Issuance of Certification letters at the request of international students
- TransPerth bus and train timetables and fares
Get together with other international students at SM TAFE at our twice-yearly excursions.
Previously, students have enjoyed day trips to Rottnest Island, Caversham Park, bush camping and bowling. Excursions come at a small cost for students and include transport and any entry fees.
Join our Facebook page International students at SM TAFE to read news, share achievements and connect with other students.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org