Skip to main content
Menu Menu

Enrolment requirements

Once you have applied for a course and have been informed that you're successful, you will receive an offer to study with us.

You need to provide evidence

You will need to provide key evidence as proof of your identity and residency such as your green Medicare Card and Driver's Licence and concession card if you have one. If you don't have one of these forms of evidence, you must be able to provide alternative evidence from each of the categories below.

If you're under 18 and don't have a Driver's Licence, you will need to provide another form of identification such as a student card, birth certificate or passport and proof of residency from your parent(s) or guardian.

Contact us if you need any further information or assistance or visit our Enrolment Support page.

Scroll through the images to see Citizenship certificate, Passport and Medicare card examples that will demonstrate your citizenship.

See an example of your driver's license and concession cards to demonstrate your proof of WA residence. A utility bill with your full name is also acceptable.

Scroll through the images to see Proof of Age, Birth Certificate and Passport examples that will demonstrate your  age.

If you wish to apply for a concession rate on your fees, find out what you need to provide on the concessions page.

Terms and conditions

Make sure you know your rights and responsibilities by reading our Enrolment Terms and Conditions (217 KB) (PDF document) before you commit to study with us. 

Under the 2020 National VET Data Policy and the National VET Provider Data Provision Requirements 2012, we are required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).

Your personal information (including the personal information contained on your enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by SM TAFE for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. We may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:

  • school – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
  • employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer
  • Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies
  • NCVER 
  • organisations conducting student surveys
  • researchers

Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:

  • Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts
  • facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys
  • understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information
  • administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation

You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.

NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at in a new tab) .

If you do not consent to this, please contact the Admissions office at to proceed with a course withdrawal.