Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This course has a been designed for supervisors and team leaders who work in the Western Australian mining industry.
The units delivered will work towards or will achieve the expected WorkSafe requirements for statutory supervisors under Schedule 26 of the WHS (Mines) Regulations (WA) 2022.
Upcoming Bentley campus workshop dates:
- 5 and 6 April
- 1 and 2 May
- 22 and 23 May
- 7 and 8 June
- WHS management systems: policies, procedures and programs
- Work with your organisation’s WHS management system
- Duty of care
- Provide information to the work team
- WHS consultation
- Monitor consultative processes
- Arrange to meet WHS training needs
- WHS training in the workplace
- Coaching and mentoring through planned tasks observations
- Identify workplace hazards
- Record and report workplace hazards
- Hierarchy of risk control measures
- Monitor and review of risk control measures
- Risk management tools
- Conduct an inspection
- Conduct incident and accident reporting
This course is FREE from 1 January 2023. The course fees are 100 per cent subsidised by the WA State Government for WA residents.
Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, and other fees may apply for some courses. Please see the FAQs on our Skills Ready page for further information.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, however the course has been designed for those working in supervisory roles in the Western Australian mining industry expecting to complete their two years of service in a similar role.
The online study option for this course includes study to be done within your workplace, supported by online materials.
On campus study
The on campus study option is a two day workshop at Fremantle campus.
Select your preferred campus and apply
Click on your preferred campus and study mode below to get started with your application.