The Elements of Shipboard Safety skill set is a prerequisite for employment on board commercial vessels in domestic waters. This skill set will equip you with the knowledge and skills to operate safely on board a vessel.
The Elements of Shipboard Safety Skill Set is made up of 4 components:
- MARF027 Apply basic survival skills in the event of vessel abandonment
- MARF028 Follow procedures to minimise and fight fires on board a vessel
- MARF029 Meet work health and safety requirements
- MARF030 Survive at sea using survival craft
- Your position will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
- Course positions are limited. Practical component conducted at ERGT. 100% attendance is required.
- Minimum dress standards apply to campus and ERGT attendance: ie closed in shoes be worn ( no sandals, thongs or bare feet), neat casual attire.
- It is a requirement that men be clean-shaven for the practical component of the fire fighting, conducted at ERGT. Facial hair can affect the sealing capability of the face mask during fire training.
- Contact us for individual component fees and dates.
- Certification from the college must be lodged using AMSA form 419 through an AMSA allocated Post Office and there will be a fee involved.
Next dates for delivery
This course runs for 4 days, 8am to 4pm from the following dates:
- Term 3: 23 August 2021
- Term 4: 1 November 2021
Tuition and resource fees:
- General fee: $604.49
- Concession fee: $516.71