Operate and Maintain Chainsaws skill set
Use a chainsaw safely
This course covers the process of operating and maintaining a chainsaw safely in an urban environment.
Learn how to cross-cut fallen timber and other cutting techniques in this industry-relevant course and comply with mandatory codes of practice and relevant legislation.
This course is suitable for people who operate chainsaws in an urban environment (it does not cover remote operators working in state forest).
This course has multiple start dates throughout the year, please express your interest below for information about the next intake.
- how to cross-cut fallen timber and the cutting techniques to maximise volume and quality recovery
- complying with the mandatory codes of practice and legislation to safely operate a chainsaw in the workplace
- application of skills and knowledge to cross-cut fallen timber
- identify cutting techniques to maximise volume and quality recovery
- comply with mandatory codes of practice and relevant legislation to safely operate chainsaws in the workplace along with duty of care to self, others and the environment
Select your preferred campus and apply
No future dates planned
This course is currently undergoing delivery planning and information will be available on our website shortly. Check back later, or use the Get Help form below to have our Client Contact Centre contact you with further information about the next course start, delivery locations and study modes.