Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This course provides essential training for deck officers who have insufficient sea time in the last five (5) years to revalidate their Australian Certificate of Competency (COC) issued by AMSA (2nd Mates, Mates or Masters) as required by Marine Orders Part 3.
This course meets the requirements of STCW as revised by Manila Amendments 2010, and is AMSA approved.
Seafarers who satisfy the sea time requirements of AMSA for the last 5 years, may only be required to demonstrate continued competence in fire fighting and sea survival, by attending the two day refresher course. If you are in doubt about what you are required to attend, please contact AMSA for a determination to be made. Refer to the AMSA website(opens in a new tab) for further information on revalidation.
Revalidation PART A, common to Masters, Deck and Engineer Officers
- FULL AMSA approved Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boasts course (STCW Reg V1/2)
- Full AMSA approved Advanced Fire-fighting course (STCW Reg V1/3)
- Cargo operations including carriage of hazardous and dangerous goods
- Cargo securing arrangements - equipment and documentation
- IMDG Code amendments and revision
- IMO Codes for bulk and other cargoes
- Vessel stability review including damage stability, cargo loading and ballast management simulation involving stresses
- Recent developments in international and national legislation concerning safety of life at sea and protection of the marine environment
- Medical training refresher
Note: All Masters revalidation courses have the option for GMDSS revalidation delivered the week prior to the start of Part A and Masters Revalidation Part B delivered the week following the completion of Part A.
- A valid or expired Australian Master or Deck Officer Certificate of Competency.
Next dates for delivery
This course runs for a duration of 10 days on the following start dates:
- Monday 19 July
- Monday 1 November
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.