Are you looking for a spark to ignite your career?
When you complete the Certificate III in Motorcycle Mechanical Technology you'll be ready for a career in the motorcycle repair industry.
Learn in specialised facilities
South Metro TAFE's Carlisle Campus is WA's major centre for automotive and panel beating studies. Automotive apprentices and pre-apprentices enjoy state of the art facilities, including new vehicles, specialised repair and diagnostic equipment, fully equipped spray painting ovens, specialised workrooms and workshops. This excellent training program is highly competitive.
- diagnose and repair drivelines, drive assemblies, engines, suspension, brakes, steering, wiring and circuits
- workplace safety and health
- enjoyment of practical work using manual hand tools
- an eye for detail and good hand-eye coordination
- good problem solving skills
- good vision and hearing
- good communication skills, including customer service skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at SM TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- earn a wage while you train
- learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path
Select your preferred campus and apply
Click on your preferred campus and study mode below to get started with your application.
All year round
Carlisle - Apprenticeship
|When||All year round|
Indicative fees and charges
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for all units in the course for students enrolling on a full-time basis. If you're a student that has successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in to complete this course. Please view the full list of fee disclaimers.