Are you looking for a spark to ignite your career?
When you complete the Certificate III in Motorcycle Mechanical Technology you'll be ready for a career in the motorcycle repair industry.
Gain these skills:
- diagnose and repair drivelines, drive assemblies, engines, suspension, brakes, steering, wiring and circuits
- workplace safety and health
Learn in specialised facilities
South Metro TAFE's Carlisle Campus is WA's major centre for automotive and panel beating studies. Automotive apprentices and pre-apprentices enjoy state of the art facilities, including new vehicles, specialised repair and diagnostic equipment, fully equipped spray painting ovens, specialised workrooms and workshops. This excellent training program is highly competitive.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at SM TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path