Are you looking for a spark to ignite a heavy career?
When you complete the Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology you'll be ready for a career in the heavy vehicle industry.
Gain these skills:
- diagnose and repair drivelines, drive assemblies, engines, suspension, brakes, hydraulics, pneumatic systems, steering, wiring and circuits
- thermal cutting
- workplace safety and health
This qualification is directly aligned with priority industry areas where the jobs are today, and into the future. As part of the state government Lower fees, local skills initiative, from 1 January 2020 through to 31 December 2021 you'll only pay half the course fees, capped at $1,200; or $400 (plus resource fee) if you're aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession. Find out more.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at SM TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path