Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Gain these skills:
- manufacture, fit, assemble, erect, operate, test, fault find, alter, repair electrical equipment
- electrical wiring work associated with assembling, maintaining, terminating or altering the wiring between electrical components within a plant or machinery
- problem solve in d.c. circuits and in single and three phase low voltage machines
- develop and connect electrical control circiuits
- use diagrams, standards, codes and specifications
Learn in specialised facilities
South Metropolitan TAFE's Thornlie and Rockingham Campuses offer first rate, fully equipped, purpose-built workshops, where students get hands-on practice working in simulation rooms, using advanced equipment and the latest techniques.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at SM TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to become an electrical fitter.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see http://joboutlook.gov.au/
Further study opportunities:
Certificate IV in Electrotechnology qualifications
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application.