When you complete the Certificate III in Bread Baking you will be able to start work as a baker.
Gain these skills:
- specialise in making different types of bread (sourdough, turkish bread, baguettes, continental loaves, panino, cobs, rye, ciabatta, focaccia, scrolls, rolls, scones)
- first aid
- food safety programs
- workplace health and safety
We are the only public provider offering training with an on-campus bakehouse that sells student's work to the general public.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is available as an apprenticeship.
Entrance requirements for apprenticeships
You must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study an apprenticeship or traineeship.
An apprenticeship involves full time work with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of a trade. This is a structured program for a fixed period of time and while you learn on the job, you also attend off the job training at SM TAFE.
Some of the benefits of an Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path