COVID-19 Contact Registers – New Requirements
From 5 December 2020, the Western Australian government made it mandatory for certain types of businesses to maintain contact registers as a precaution should there be a future outbreak of COVID-19.
In response, SM TAFE has established contact registers for our live works facilities (Bentley Pines Restaurant, gym, and health, beauty and massage facilities), libraries and cafes. We have also established registers for reception and student services areas at all campuses, so that future students and visitors coming on site will be captured. At this stage, everyone (including staff) entering our cafes, libraries or events will be required to register.
To make this easier, QR codes for all relevant locations will be displayed at entrances, and you can download the SafeWA app to your phone/device to scan on entry to any of these venues. Anyone entering without scanning the QR code will be required to provide their contact details on a hard copy register.
To download the app, visit safewa.health.wa.gov.au.(opens in a new tab)
Slowing the spread of COVID-19
Hygiene practices and social distancing are being practiced in accordance with the most current health advice. Lecturers are advising students to practice social distancing measures and are applying and monitoring social distancing during classes.
Please stay home if you are sick, and do not attend TAFE.
Further information and assistance
- The Australian Government Department of Health website(opens in a new tab) has up-to-date healthcare and medical information.
- The Health Direct website(opens in a new tab) has frequently asked questions, and a symptom checker.
- For details regarding travel restrictions and international travel, visit the Home Affairs website(opens in a new tab) . There is also information available on the Smart Traveller website(opens in a new tab) .
- COVID Clinics are now open — visit the HealthyWA website(opens in a new tab) for details.
- For free advice and assistance, call the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.