Important information on COVID-19 - updated Friday 14 January 2022
On 23 December 2021, the Premier announced that WA workers who come under an existing COVID-19 vaccine mandate will now be required to have a third dose as part of the COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy
The mandatory vaccination policy applies to workers in high risk-industries, those interacting with people at an increased risk of being infected with COVID-19, or people who are vulnerable to the impacts of COVID-19, or other critical workers.
To participate in live works training areas and work placements in industries covered by the COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy, TAFE students are required to be double vaccinated. If eligible, students are also required to have a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccination, within a month of becoming eligible.
Students will be required to provide evidence to TAFE of their vaccination status before attending work placement or participating in live works training area. The evidence will be collected in class and stored securely.
To better protect your health, your family and your community, everyone is strongly urged to receive their third dose, when eligible, even if not covered by this policy.
Please use the ServiceWA app to check-in on campus and practice good hygiene, use hand sanitiser and follow the latest State Government advice on mask wearing.
Campuses are being cleaned on a regular basis, and hand sanitiser is available across campuses in key locations.
We encourage you to keep up to date with the latest information and health advice by visiting the WA Government website(opens in a new tab) .
Further information and assistance
- The Western Australian Government website – WA.gov.au(opens in a new tab)
- The Australian Government Department of Health website(opens in a new tab) has up-to-date healthcare and medical information.
- The Health Direct website(opens in a new tab) has frequently asked questions, and a symptom checker.
- For details regarding travel restrictions and international travel, visit the Home Affairs website(opens in a new tab) . There is also information available on the Smart Traveller website(opens in a new tab) .
- COVID Clinics are now open — visit the HealthyWA website(opens in a new tab) for details.
- For free advice and assistance, call the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.