Each year international students from more than 100 countries choose to study at SM TAFE for these reasons:
- Government owned and operated, SM TAFE offers high quality, nationally recognised courses for international students and is government backed and guaranteed.
- SM TAFE offers programs that have flexible entry requirements and provide opportunities for further study at university.
- SM TAFE colleges have modern facilities designed to closely replicate real work environments.
- SM TAFE qualifications provide you with practical skills and industry training that gives you skills employers need.
- You will receive high quality training and support at an affordable cost.
What is TIWA?
TIWA is the unit within the Western Australian Department of Training and Workforce Development responsible for the recruitment and admission of international students studying at Western Australian TAFE colleges.
All international students applying to study at a Western Australian TAFE college must apply through TIWA.
TIWA works in partnership with TAFE colleges to ensure that international students are encouraged to achieve their study goals, including continuing to higher education studies at university.
RTO Provider No: 52395 CRICOS Provider Code: 00020G
Choose from a wide variety of course options offered to international students including:
- Animal management and marine
- Building design, construction and engineering
- Business and management
- Children and community services
- Health, recreation and lifestyle
- Hospitality and tourism
- Information technology
- Science and environmental studies
You can study an SM TAFE qualification from certificate level to advanced diploma. Visit the international course catalogue for information on courses and English requirements.
International students apply through TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) by completing an online application. Visit the application process instructions to find out more or you can apply now. This is TIWA's preferred way to apply and will receive priority processing.
In some countries you may find it helpful or convenient to seek the assistance of one of the TIWA education agents. They are available to assist you with your application and visa. Find an Education Agent.
If you experience issues during your application, please call (+618) 9218 2100 or contact TIWA via the online enquiry form.