We value your feedback
Our commitment to quality improvement starts and ends with you. Understanding your experiences and concerns is vital in helping us to deliver courses and services that will hold the most benefit in assisting you to reach your study and career goals.
Ways we gather your feedback
Throughout the year, we gather feedback about our courses, services and initiatives in a number of ways:
- Training area surveys - you may be asked when you begin how you heard about our course.
- Industry surveys - You may be invited to independent research projects conducted by industry groups to identify your career aspirations.
- In-class surveys - our Evaluation team steps into the classroom to capture your thoughts on your course. Surveys are conducted for selected qualifications in May-June and October-November.
- State-wide student survey - usually held in October-November of each year, this survey is conducted by the State Government in conjunction with an independent research organisation.
- National Student Outcomes Survey - usually in May every year, the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) surveys students who have recently graduated from their course.
We would like students to provide us their honest feedback about how we can improve our training, courses and services. We aim to gain valuable feedback from you, our customers, in order to make changes to improve the experience of you and of future students. Your feedback is vital in helping management and service teams at SM TAFE in designing future training, courses and services.
Feedback to date
We have received great feedback from students and we are pleased to announce a summary of the improvements made after receiving your valuable input.
We heard our students believe we are modern and dynamic. We've revolutionised our marketing materials to be digital first. See our study pathways on our plan your study pathway page for our new flip books.
Find us at an event coming soon to explore careers using our touchscreens.
You told us that we don't promote the services of our career advisor-trained Client Engagement Officers at our Jobs and Skills Centres enough. We've created more promotion on and off campuses to spread the word on how to access their free services. See more information on how to access their services for students on our jobs and skills support page.
The preferred social media for our students is Facebook, followed by LinkedIn and YouTube. We've worked since to ensure we have a regular calendar of valuable information for students on these channels including job news, student videos and support assistance opportunities. Make sure you follow our social media pages to keep up to date with college activities, events, news and information.
In January we transitioned to a new enrolment system. We had some challenges and students said the biggest issues were staff training and speed of processing. We've retrained our staff, added more staff to counters and our call centre, and rewritten processes to make continuing and new student enrolments much faster. Look out for an online self-service trial coming soon.
Want to tell us about your experience straight away?
If you have any comments, compliments or complaints, you don't need to wait for our surveys. You can use our online feedback form at any time. Our evaluation team works through feedback received through our online form daily and can identify ways to improve while keeping your feedback confidential.