Menu Menu

International student support


When you have successfully applied to become an international student with us via TAFE International WA, you will be given the venue, date and time for your first day at SM TAFE. 

Your first day is an orientation day with presentations by International Student Support team members and key partners in assisting you to study and live in Australia. You will be offered instructions and assistance for using SM TAFE systems including your timetable and will be offered contacts for support while you study.

Support while you study

Our international offices at Bentley and Murdoch campuses provide support to help you organise your study at SM TAFE. Talk to us about:

  • Advice on courses and pathways
  • Your application for continuing enrolment
  • Advice on change of course/ units pathways
  • Updating your contact details
  • Monitoring your class attendance and progress (if you are at risk of falling behind in your studies, we will work with you and your lecturer through an intervention strategy)
  • International student health care information
  • TransPerth bus and train timetables and fares

Student excursions

Get together with all international students at SM TAFE at our twice-yearly excursions.

In the past students have enjoyed day trips to Rottnest Island, Caversham Park, bush camping and bowling. Excursions are at a small cost for students and involve transport and any entry fees. Look out for posters on campus, or check your email or Facebook for excursion invitations.

Mentors for new students

Our mentor program involves appointed second year students in a leadership role to help new international students settle in and manage the challenges of overseas study. Look out for notifications for meet and greets with mentors and opportunities to become a mentor. 

Follow us on Facebook

Join our Facebook page to read news, share achievements and connect with other students. 

Make an application to study at SM TAFE

If you are not yet a student of SM TAFE, you should contact TAFE International WA as all applications and enquiries for study outside of Australia must go through TAFE International WA.

If you are already a student and wish to talk about applying to study short courses or skill sets, use the form below to contact us.