An Aboriginal leadership program for ATSI staff aspiring to become leaders across all industry sectors.
Aboriginal Leadership program
South Metropolitan TAFE’s Aboriginal leadership program has been specifically designed for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) staff aspiring to become leaders and mentors across all sectors of industry.
Gain these skills:
- Manage your own performance and professional development
- Provide leadership guidance and support to individuals and teams
- Mentor others in the workplace or a community organisation
- Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Deal with conflict and manage difficult situations
- Maintain an ethical approach in a leadership role
- Develop work priorities
- Manage stress in the workplace
To be eligible for the program, applicants must be:
- Of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Currently employed and have the support of their employer to participate in the program
- Able to attend all three blocks of training and have access to a computer and the internet.
This qualification is also offered part-time. Use the get help form below to start a discussion with our training area.
This course is going to transition to a new training package in 2022. This means that students starting in 2022 will transfer during their study to new units developed to meet current and future industry needs.