Home | Forms | Apply to study Foundation Skills, Access and English Programs

Apply to study Foundation Skills, Access and English Programs

Looking to get ahead with skills for work, life or further study?

Our courses in foundation skills, access and English offer training at many skill levels, with programs designed to support you on your learning journey.

Find out about our courses

To find out more about our courses, click the links below or go right ahead and submit your details on the form below and we will help you find the course that is perfect for you.

CGEA - Certificate of General Education for Youth and Adults  Certificate I, Certificate II and Certificate III
EAL - Migrant English Language Programs Certificate I, Certificate II, Certificate III and Certificate IV
CSWE - Migrant English Language Programs Certificate I, Certificate II, Certificate III
GATE People with Intellectual Disabilities, Mental Health - Introductory, Certificate I
NOW - New Opportunities For Women Certificate I
Leadership and mentoring - Certificate I, Certificate II and Certificate IV

How to apply and enrol

After you submit this form, you will be contacted for an appointment. Our friendly course coordinators will help place you in the best course and level for your needs. You may need to attend the campus enrolment session for course information. 

To enrol, you can choose to pay in full over the phone by credit card, or come to campus to pay for your course fees and finalise your enrolment. 

If you are under 18 years of age you will need to attend campus with your guardian to complete your paperwork.

What do I need to bring when I enrol on campus?

Please bring: 

1.    Identification (e.g. driver’s licence, Medicare card or passport)
2.    Payment, a full-time course will cost approximately $250. A $20 deposit with a payment plan is available. If you choose our payment plan option, bring your BSB and Account NUmber for your bank with you to campus.      

What do I need to do if paying in full over the phone?

Call 1800 001 001 and ask to speak to the Enrolment Call Centre. Then you will need to email the following to admissions@smtafe.wa.edu.au:

1. A photograph or scan of your Identification (e.g. driver’s licence, Medicare card or passport)

Complete this field if you are under 18 years old.
In order to study a VET qualification in Australia, you need a Unique Student Identifier. To find out more visit: www.southmetrotafe.wa.edu.au/futurestudents/uniquestudentidentifier
Residential address details
Postal address details (if different to your residential address)
Guardian details (if under 18 years old)
Please note: you must come to campus to enrol if you wish to use a payment plan, EFTPOS or cash
Page last updated August 29, 2019