There are a number of options detailed below to assist you with funding your studies with us.
An enrolment with us is not complete and your place not secure until your fees and charges are paid, deferred payment arrangements have been made or fees and charges have been waived.
All students including apprentices and trainees are legally liable to pay fees. Students will not be able to enrol in a new course unless they have paid all of their fees from previous study.
On enrolment, you will need to choose one of the following payment options:
- pay the full amount of fees and charges
- present a signed authority from an employer to invoice that employer for the student’s fees and charges
- pay fees by instalments by setting up a payment plan
- we accept your intent to defer payment and your eligibility to do so under the Commonwealth Government’s VET Student Loans program
- pay part of the full amount of fees and charges and defer payment of the other part under the Commonwealth Government’s VET Student Loans program
- make application on the grounds of severe financial hardship for fees and charges to be waived. Please contact 1800 001 001 or attend one of our Customer Service Centres for further information.
If you fail to take up one of the above options, you will not be enrolled.
More about payment types
Payment can be made in person by EFTPOS, direct debit, cheque or credit card during enrolment at the Customer Services counters. Payments can also be made over the phone via credit card using MasterCard, Visa or Visa debit card only or funds transfer. These options are only available for full payments.
To pay in full by direct deposit to our bank account, please use the details below. Take care to use your student ID as your reference so we can match to your enrolment:
Bank: Commonwealth Bank
Branch: Level 14, 300 Murray Street, Perth WA 6000
Acct Name: South Metropolitan TAFE
Instalment or payment plans will be available to you if you are enrolled in certificate I, II, III, IV and diploma courses.
A minimum first payment of your semester course will be required to confirm your enrolment with the balance payable over 8 fortnightly payments. For general education courses, the minimum first payment is $20.
Minors can only set up an instalment plan with a legal guardian or parent co-signing the agreement.
If you are a registered apprentice and trainee and your employer is not paying your fees then you can either pay your fees in full or enter into a fees payment agreement for apprentices with a $100 first payment.
For more information, visit our Apprenticeships and Traineeships page.
Eligible students of Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications can opt to defer the payment of all or part of their fees by applying for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan.
Under this scheme you take out a loan from the Commonwealth to pay for your current enrolment. You will start repaying the loan through the taxation system when your income exceeds a set level.
Find out all the information you need to know about Student Loans.