Make sure you know your rights and responsibilities before you commit to study with us.
To find out about our policies and by-laws, visit our Forms, Policies and Fact Sheets page.
Privacy Notice & Student Declaration
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, we are required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on your enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by South Metropolitan TAFE for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. South Metropolitan TAFE may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- school – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
- employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies
- organisations conducting student surveys
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information
- administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au.
If you do not consent to this, please contact the Admissions office at email@example.com at your earliest convenience to proceed with a course withdrawal.