Get ready for hospitality
Get a taste for working in hospitality and get your Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) permit.
This skill set will prepare you for further hospitality training and will give you the ability to legally and responsibly serve alcohol, so you can apply for hospitality work at a licenced venue. You will learn the knowledge and skills to prepare you for further training and improve your employability skills.
Gain these skills:
- Taking care of health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Personal development
- Basic computer use
- Provide responsible service of alcohol
- Use infection control procedures to ensure the safety of customers
Tuition and resource fees
Eligible students study this course absolutely free. If you are not eligible you can expect to pay $471.30.
Next course dates
Dates to be announced
Help using our online application
You will need to have the evidence requirements(opens in a new tab) and relevant documents ready to upload with your application. When ready to apply, use our guide to self service application using Student Portal.
Requirements of the course
This course includes both online study and on-campus practical and theory classes.
Once enrolled, you will receive information about how to login to our eCampus and you will need to complete a literacy and numeracy quiz to show you can study online. Your study will involve accessing content online for 1 study module, followed by a series of online quiz assessments to test your knowledge.
For the other modules of the course, you will need to attend campus to develop your skills in our restaurant facilities.
Job ready skill sets are 100% free for the following eligible students:
- People aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Secondary school-aged people who are not enrolled at school
- People receiving the JobSeeker or JobKeeper payment
- People and dependents of people receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- People and dependents of people holding:
- pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Dependents of people who are inmates of a custodial institution