This course provides the candidate with the skills and knowledge to be able to react appropriately in an emergency situation, where a casualty has been injured at sea, or is acutely ill. To use those items of first aid equipment found in ships medical outfits, which are not included in the standard first aid kit.
This course meets the requirements of STCW as revised by Manila Amendments 2010, and is AMSA approved.
- Responsibilities of the First Aider
- Respiratory and circulatory systems
- Wounds and bleeding
- Poisons, signs and symptoms
- Hypothermia, frostbite, heat exhaustion, heat stroke
- Explosion injuries
- Personal hygiene
- Ships Captain Medical Guide, IMO Publications,
- Marine Orders Part 10, Admiralty List of Radio Signals
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code)
- Cargo and Cargo Handling - Dangerous Goods
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Your position will not be confirmed until payment has been received
- Course positions are limited. 100% attendance is required.
- Minimum dress standards apply to campus attendance: ie closed in shoes be worn (no sandals, thongs or bare feet), neat casual attire. Shorts and t-shirts are acceptable.
Next dates for delivery
- 28 to 30 June 2021
- Standard $2,460